Meet the Mix: Bloomin’s Original Wildflower Seed Mix
Wildflowers are more than just pretty flowers that pop up when we least expect it. In fact, they are some of the oldest species on earth, having remained untamed and unmodified for hundreds and thousands of years. Here at Bloomin‘, we choose to use a hearty and diverse mix of wildflower seeds as our house mix for a variety of reasons:
- Wildflowers help sustain the native pollinators and wildlife chain of that particular environment.
- Wildflowers are low maintenance- one established from seed, mother nature will take over and the flowers will require little to no human maintenance.
- Wildflowers create underground root systems that are very important for erosion control
- Wildflowers are tough and resilient- they can withstand some extremely harsh weather conditions
- In the words of Don Martin, the President of Bloomin’ “This mix of annuals and perennials grows well in all regions of North America because of the native (and non-invasive) flowers from all regions of North America that are included. They come back year after year as a beautiful reminder. Flowers are fun and colorful- everybody loves flowers!”
Here are the stars of Bloomin’s Original Wildflower Mix:
Baby Blue Eyes
Sweet William Pinks
All colors of Bloomin’s Original seed paper comes stock with a mix of these annuals and perrennials. Year after year they will bloom and remind the recipient of the beauty behind the sentiment. Check out our various papers and colors at www.bloomin.com.