Shop for the better!
The holiday season is upon us, and that means holiday shopping! Every year I tell myself I am going to get my shopping done early…and it has yet to happen. Hopefully you are unlike me though. So for those that plan ahead, or love to shop on their computer like I do, there are some amazing shops that give back. So many people participate in the giving tree, donating gifts, or volunteering around the holidays and it brings the joy of the season all around. Why not shop with the same mentality? Below are my top 5 stores that give back, and I can’t think of a better way to shop this holiday season.
- Toms. I mentioned Toms in my wedding Beach Post, and I have to mention them again because I love them! I wore their shoes on my wedding day and I own probably five pairs. They started as a shoe company and have branched out to sunglasses, bags, apparel, and more. Based on your purchase, Tom’s provides shoes, sight, water, safe birth, and training against bullying. Look no further for that special gift.
- Sevenly. “They are widely recognized as one of the world’s leading socially good companies. Sevenly performs monthly, weekly, and even daily campaigns that changes lives and bring awareness and funding to the world’s greatest causes.” I have bought a few things from Sevenly and it is great quality and super cute clothes. You can shop by Cause or gender or collection. You won’t regret browsing their store; I couldn’t decide on only a few images – there are so many cool ones!
- 31 Bits. Their mission: “Using fashion and design to empower people to rise above poverty.” They sell beautiful jewelry. I got tears in my eyes as I read these young girls story in starting this business on dreams and determination. Go and read the story HERE for yourself – have tissue nearby.
- FashionABLE. “We believe in doing the manufacturing in the communities we wish to impact, creating jobs along the way.” They want to change the economy for the countries in need, not just donate money. They sell gorgeous leather goods, jewelry, home goods, and more. I am a huge fan of this company, and have known many people to buy from them and love the product.
- Bloomin. Bloomin is a certified B corporation: Certified B Corporations meet the highest standards of social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability. We take all post-consumer paper, old phone-books, and recycled paper to create all of our products. Everything is eco-friendly with soy based inks and gives back to the earth with beautiful flowers.
Happy shopping everybody!